DE HAVILLAND MARTON CASE STUDY

If everything looks in order, de Havilland will terminate the Dollard Plastics contract and start one with Marton, and if the financials are not in order, de Haviland will continue out the contract with Dollar Plastics and start a new five year with DAS Composites. My recommendation is to go with Matron on a few conditions. De Havilland is trying to lower costs and get a five year fixed rate contract with the winning company in order to eliminate constant contract negotiations. One of the issues with this process is that De Havilland has lost some of the control in the bid process since Marton as put a time limit on the decision of days. This could potentially also cause delays for our company if they Marton and Boeing have a closer working relationship then we currently do. There is also an issue with why Marton has given a day acceptance period. One would think this would be enough time to make a decision, but this is a big company dealing with another big company.

Competitive problems could also be an issue when large companies like Boeing are consuming shop and man hours. The financials of Devon were looked as since they are the parent company of Marton and are publicly traded. The recommendation is to go with Marton and do a full audit of their facility and financials. They came in with the lowest bid, which can be either a tactic just to get business and they hike their prices later, or they actually are that good at what they do. Environmental and Root Cause Analysis:. This would eliminate constant negotiations on our part and the vendors part and we like the idea of having a firm fixed contract in place. This is shown by the increase in labor hours on Exhibit 6.

The recommendation is to go with Marton and do a full audit of their facility and financials. This leaves little time to negotiate with the other two lower companies even if we wanted to.

de havilland marton case study

This makes it difficult for De Havilland to be able to negotiate with the other companies that came in slightly higher than Marton. If everything went as planned and the financials at Marton looked to be in order, I would start monitoring by having conference calls or visits to the Marton shop by someone from our office every two weeks when they matton working on our orders.

  UNI ULM DISSERTATION MERKBLATT

Page 4 Recommendation and Implementation ……………………………………… Page 5 Monitor and Control ………………………………………………………………… Page 6 Conclusion…………………………………………………………………………………Page 6 Issue Identification It has been decided that I would like to award the bid to Marton but there are some issues that come with this decision. Your email address will not be published. De Havilland is focused on lowering our costs as we are clearly over paying for the flap shrouds and bay doors, we are also looking to move to a fe base of vendors to permit each firm to capture economies of scale.

This is shown by the increase in labor hours on Exhibit 6. Environmental and Root Cause Analysis: The financials of Devon were looked as since they are the parent company of Marton and are publicly traded.

de havilland marton case study

Looking at the information we do have for analysis, they are going to acse the same amount of staff for the next five years regardless of how much work they bring into their shops, which appears to be on the rise. Conclusion…………………………………………………………………………………Page 6 Issue Identification It has been decided that I would like to award the bid to Marton but there are some issues that come with this decision. We had to make a decision quickly and even though the decision would have penalized us in the end with our Dollard Plastics contract, we would be saving much more money by going with Marton.

De Havilland Inc Case Study – Green Man & French Horn – Essays

The problems that could arise from doing the deal with Marton are that since they are such a large organization, our product might not be a priority as much as it would to a company.

Competitive problems could also be an issue when large companies like Boeing are consuming shop and man hours.

If everything seemed accurate and in place at Marton, I would have to go with them and let the Source Selection Board know my decision. They came in with the lowest bid, which can be either a tactic just to get business and they hike their prices later, or they actually are that good at what they do. My recommendation is to go with Matron on a few conditions. The decision has been made to go with Marton because of their lower prices and we will be able to see their financials when we do a site visit to their facility.

  ESSAY ON DHARMASTHALA

One would think this would be enough time to make a decision, but this is a big company dealing with another big company.

de havilland marton case study

This makes me worry about slippage of deliveries and or work fatigue, safety and possible manufacturing errors to do overworking the staff. This would eliminate constant negotiations on our part and the vendors part and we like the idea of having a firm fixed contract in place.

Green Man & French Horn – Essays

There is also an issue with why Marton has given a day acceptance period. This could potentially also cause delays for our company if they Marton and Boeing have a closer working relationship then we currently do.

De Havilland is trying to lower costs and get a five year fixed rate contract with the winning company in order to eliminate constant contract negotiations. One of the issues with this process casee that De Havilland has lost some sudy the control in the bid process since Marton as put a time limit on the decision of days. Marton submitted invoices on billing material and unit cost break downs, which makes one wonder what they are hiding.

Schedules could potentially slip if they are not focused on the product or have too many work orders on the go. Decisions rarely happen quickly.

If everything looks in order, de Havilland will terminate the Dollard Plastics contract and start one with Marton, and if the financials are hvilland in order, de Haviland will continue out the contract with Dollar Plastics and start a new five year with DAS Composites.

Environmental and Root Cause Analysis:. We want fixed pricing for five years, which is what Marton is offering.